School Psychologist Intern - Red Lake Schools
Red Lake Public Schools ISD #0038
Red Lake School District #38 is accepting applications for the following position:
Position Description: School Psychologist Intern
Supervisor: Director of Special Education Services
Building: Early Childhood Center, Elementary School, Secondary Complex and Ponemah School
Compensation: Annual Salary $35,000, fringe of FICS and TRA or PERA, Expenses paid to attend MN School Psychologist Conference
Position Overview: A school psychologist intern is authorized to provide direct and indirect psychological services to prekindergarten through grade 12 who are at risk of social and academic failure and support in the identification, evaluation and implementation of programs for students with special needs. The intern will be supervised and work under the direction of a licensed School Psychologist.
1. Applicants must be enrolled in a program approved by the National Association of School Psychologists.
2. An applicant has completed at least three years of preparation required for licensure
3. Employment is dependent upon receiving a license through the Minnesota Department of Education.
4. Good communication and organizational skills, personal appearance and a cooperative attitude required.
5. Willingness to assist where needed and the ability to establish good working relationships are essential.
Major Position Duties:
1. Early intervention activities
a. Screen, review records, interpret findings
b. Consult with child study teams / problem solving teams / RtI teams
c. Informal child observation
d. Consultation with children, parents and staff
e. Other pre referral activities
2. Evaluation and Re-evaluation
a. Administer, interpret and report the results of psychological, functional, behavioral, and educational tests
b. Select and evaluate assessment instruments and data gathering procedures
c. Gather and interpret necessary data using formal and informal procedures in areas of a child's development such as: cognitive, perceptual, psychomotor, emotional, social, adaptive behavior, personality and vocational adjustment
3. Program Planning & Implementation activities may include:
a. Psychological services to students in accordance with objectives specified in Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
b. Individual and group counseling in conjunction with a special education instructional program or as the sole service provided for specific students
c. Design, conduct and monitor behavior management programs and other corrective services
d. Coordinate school and community resources and provide follow-up on referrals to outside agencies
e. Provide individual and group consultation to special education teachers, regular education teachers, parents and other team members
f. Provide consultation to students, parents, and staff in due process procedures in concert with the Director of Special Education
a. Maintain licensing requirements of regulating agencies in order to possess required licenses to perform the duties described in this job description
b. Participate in continuous improvement activities such as workshops, in-service and other learning opportunities that promote quality school psychological services to children
c. Assure compliance with special education procedural requirements and document appropriate due process guidelines, timelines, and procedures
d. Maintain confidentiality
e. Perform other duties as assigned
VERIFCATION OF COMPETENCY:
1. District application and professional resume completed
2. Provide documentation of licensure credentials.
3. Provide the letters of reference from education professionals.
To apply send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials to: Human Resources, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671, Fax to (218)679-2321, or email to email@example.com
Posted: 02/25/2016, open until filled.