Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) Special Education Teacher - Red Lake Elementary School
Posted 02/23/2016, Open Until Filled
Red Lake School District #38 is accepting applications for the following position:
Position Description: Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) Special Education Teacher
Supervisor: Director of Special Education Services and Building Principal
Building: Red Lake Elementary School
Bargaining Group: Education Minnesota – Red Lake
Terms: Per Teacher's Master Agreement
Position Overview: Serve as teacher for identified students, by developing program components and providing direct service to students.
Major Position Duties:
Develop lesson plans for identified students, Provide individualized instruction with students, Collaborate with other service providers on student's needs, Collect data and maintain a documentation log for each student, tracking progress and process of success, Provide regular and special education staff training, Maintain relationship with team teachers to provide accountability, Perform assessments, summary report writing, transition planning and IEP development, Coordinate and collaborate with administration, general education staff, paraprofessionals, parents and outside agencies to support IEP plans, Facilitate IEP meetings and Due Process procedures, Regularly communicate with parents in regards to students' progress and training opportunities, Other duties as assigned.
1. Autism Spectrum Disorders or Academic and Behavioral Strategist licensure by the Minnesota Board of Teaching.
3. Good communication and organizational skills, personal appearance and a cooperative attitude required.
4. Willingness to assist where needed and the ability to establish good working relationships are essential.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Utilizes proper English usage, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and English speaking skills.
2. Knowledge of District policies, rules, and regulations.
3. Works with students, District personnel, and general public in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
4. Understands and follows complex oral and written instruction and completes assignments in an independent manner.
5. Analyzes situation and takes appropriate action regarding routine/emergency procedural matters without immediate supervision.
6. Plans, organizes, and coordinates assigned tasks to meet established timelines.
7. Maintains professional confidentiality and works collaboratively with peers.
8. Possesses knowledge of technology to present lessons, communicate with others, and keep records.
1. Stand, walk, bend over, kneel, crouch, reach, overhead, grasp, push, and pull. Move, lift, and/or carry up to 30 lbs. to should height.
2. Repetitive use of hands (i.e. fine manipulation, simple grasping, and power grasping).
3. Stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time.
4. Demonstrates normal depth perception.
5. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or typewriter, operate standard office equipment, and use a telephone.
6. See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without visual aids.
VERIFCATION OF COMPETENCY:
1. District application and professional resume completed
2. Provide documentation of licensure credentials.
3. Provide the letters of reference from education professionals.
To apply send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials to: Human Resources, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671, fax to (218) 679-2321, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org