LEAD PLANNER - ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT/PLANNING
Open: February 22, 2016
Closing: March 4, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
The Lead Planner is responsible for facilitating, promoting, and ensuring economic and community development planning, the implementation of activities to secure opportunities for business development and job creation, and to support and assist in planning economic and community projects and programs for the Red Lake Nation. Reports to the Director, full-time position, with Benefits, Salary; DOQ.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Research, investigation and due diligence on economic and community opportunities.
• Coordination of economic and community development action plan efforts, such as Strategic Planning, CEDS, and Land Use Plan; and assist with organization and execution of components and activities within established timelines.
• Evaluate results of economic development efforts and studies and offer analyses and recommendations to identify opportunities for job creation and retention.
• Assist with coordination of efforts with other Tribal departments, partners, and resources.
• Maintain a detailed project schedule, ensuring all department members are aware of and adhering to tasks and deadlines of action plans, events and activities.
• Assist with appropriate meetings and appointments necessary to research, plan and implement economic and community development activity; and maintain documentation of meetings and community interaction with detailed notes and sign in sheets.
• Assist with development and maintenance of regional networks and resources supporting economic development, identifying and fostering regional, cooperative economic development events, activities and initiatives.
• Monitor, track, and report progress and achievements as required by Director or funders.
• Develop and maintain economic profiles, statistics and trends of the region and Tribe.
• Assist with and enhance our funding efforts for economic development activities and programs by providing specific project and planning information.
• Assist with the development and production of promotional and educational outreach materials; and oversee and guide the work of media professionals to support or attract business investment and development to the reservation.
• Assist with management of various budgets following proper processes and procedures.
• Other appropriate duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field (Business Administration, Urban Planning, Economics), plus two years consecutive experience working with Tribal governments in a planning role.
• Working knowledge of Tribal, Federal, State and local resources, and familiar with community & economic development procedures, and business development practices.
• Effective verbal, presentation, and listening skills, with ability to prepare clear and comprehensive financial and administrative activity reports.
• Team member and team building skills.
• Analytical and problem solving skills, with strong decision-making skills.
• Time management and computer skills.
• Demonstrate sound work ethics; trustworthy, respectful, and reliable.
• Native American Preference.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certifications/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone 218-679-1847.