ON-CALL TRANSIT SYSTEM CLERK/SCHEDULER - RED LAKE NATION TRANSIT
ON-CALL TRANSIT SYSTEM CLERK/SCHEDULER
RED LAKE NATION TRANSIT
OPEN: FEBRUARY 2, 2016
CLOSING: FEBRUARY 26, 2016 @ 3:00 P.M.
Responsible for scheduling and documenting passenger reservations and schedules pickups. Monitors bus capacity to prevent over-booking, maintains appropriate records, as required. Reports to Director-Transit, PART-TIME POSITION, SALARY; $12.00 HRLY.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Punctual in work attendance.
• The ability to deal calmly and courteously with the public.
• Book reservations and assigns pickup times for transporting passengers.
• Dispatch bus as required, by passenger reservations.
• Keep accurate records, as required, and maintain/enter daily data.
• Tabulate records for assembly into monthly reports as required by MNDOT; and the Federal Transit Administration.
• Notify passengers in the event of a service disruption, records time, reason and action taken.
• Arrange for alternate buses or driver in case of accident or other circumstances.
• Receive reports of actual or anticipated disruptions and determine action required to rectify condition.
• Monitor weather reports to alert drivers of conditions affecting schedules.
• Ability to multitask instantaneously.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or G.E.D required.
• Skills using computer software other then or beyond basic word processing.
• Able to follow orders precisely and cooperate with other staff.
• Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with people of varied economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.