PC SUPPORT TECHNICIAN - OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH (NEW BEGINNINGS)
PC SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH (NEW BEGINNINGS)
Open: January 29, 2016
Closing: February 19, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
To provide technical support for computer hardware, software, peripherals and network applications used by the Red Lake Nation TANF program. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities, reports to Executive Director and MIS/IT Director, full time position, w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Installs troubleshoots and maintains computer, networking, security and telecommunications equipment.
• Provides users with information on software/networking guidelines and follows guidelines when installing hardware and software on site.
• Trains users on problem areas when help is requested.
• Installs and/or updates authorized software on machines.
• Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers.
• Instructs user in use of equipment, software and manuals.
• Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge of new computer hardware, techniques and system design.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
• Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
• Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
• Creativity. Ability to think around problems and come up with creative solutions.
• Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
• Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications.
• Associate's degree In Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience required.
• Possess one (1) year experience supporting computer operating systems and software applications in a business environment preferred.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
• Knowledge of computer network concepts.
• Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot a variety of computer hardware and software problems.
• Must have valid Minnesota Driver's License.
• Abide by the Oshkiimaajitahdah Zero Tolerance Policy and Confidential Policy.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.