ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT Urban Embassy – Minneapolis
Urban Embassy – Minneapolis
Open: January 21, 2016
Closing: February 12, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
Administrative Assistant ensures the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and supports the work of the Ambassador and government relations team. Reports to the Urban Embassy - MPLS Ambassador, full-time position, w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
• Direct phone call inquires to appropriate staff members
• Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
• Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
• Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
• Sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution
• Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels
• Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
• Forward voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member
• Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
• Code and file material according to the established procedures
• Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization's databases
• Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
• Provide secretarial and administrative support to Ambassador and other staff
• Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff
• Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
• Use computer software to prepare invoices and financial statements
• Code and file financial material according to established records management procedures
• Process accounts payable ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information
• Process accounts receivable ensuring timeliness, accuracy of codes and appropriate backup
• Assist with financial reports as required
• Month end duties as required
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma
• Post-Secondary Education in Business, computers, or office management
• Entry-level, 1 year office experience preferred
• Must be able to pass a background investigation.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and abiding by random drug/alcohol testing.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.