Red Lake Nation News - Babaamaajimowinan (Telling of news in different places)

Peanut allergy kills 22-year-old Twin Cities man


Bruce Kelly avoided nuts because of his peanut allergy. But the 22-year-old Ramsey man and his twin brother had grown complacent about eating foods bearing warnings that they had been made in plants that also processed foods with peanuts.

On Monday, chocolate packaged with that warning killed Kelly.

“Nearly every chocolate bar you buy has the peanut warning on it,” Kelly’s father, Brian, said Thursday. And because his sons had never had a reaction to such foods, they ignored the warnings.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020