LABORER - Solid Waste Transfer Station
Solid Waste Transfer Station
Open: January 20, 2016
Closing: February 12, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
Perform routine heavy physical labor work efficiently at the Solid Waste Transfer Station working sites. Reports to Director, full-time position, w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Know, understand and implement the solid waste disposal rules, procedures, and follow Solid Waste Transfer Station standardized policies and procedures
• Gather and empty trash on a daily basis at four sites; Ponemah, Redby, Red Lake, and Little Rock
• Able to move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies either manually or using other industrial equipment at each site
• Monitor building security and safety by securing and locking up buildings
• Assist facility users in the disposal of their trash/recyclable as needed
• Have knowledge of and ability to operate a variety of heavy and light equipment and vehicles in support of solid waste disposal operations
• Conducts visual inspections of all loads as needed to prevent disposal of prohibited materials
• Assists users in the proper placement of materials
• Loads trailers and containers in accordance with site policies
• Ensures all four tribal sites; Ponemah, Redby, Red Lake, and Little Rock are clean and free from all garbage, on a daily basis
• Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the solid waste disposal facility
• Maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, vehicle operators, contractors, and the general public
• Perform daily preventative maintenance on all program tools, equipment, and vehicles; including checking vehicle fluid levels, changing vehicle fluids (when necessary), and making sure all tools and equipment are in safe, working condition
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• GED/High School Diploma
• Excellent motor vehicle driving record, with no accidents or moving violations
• Must have a current and valid Minnesota Driver's License
• Preferred: Commercial Driver's License
• Have knowledge of tools, equipment, and safety procedures for materials used pertaining to waste disposal operations and follow all proper safety guidelines when using
• To perform heavy labor in environments elements; heat, cold, dust, noise, rain, snow, etc.
• Have the ability to push, pull, drag, or lift over 50+ pounds
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 (218) 679-1847.