CASE WORKER - RED LAKE NATION CHILD SUPPORT PROGRAM
RED LAKE NATION CHILD SUPPORT PROGRAM
Open: January 20, 2016
Closing: February 5, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
Responsible for all management, initiation, enforcement, reviewing, and modifications of child support cases. Reports to Child Support Director, full-time position w/benefits, salary: DOQ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews and processes all applications.
• Analyzes cases to determine appropriate action.
• Obtains necessary documents for case file; i.e., birth certificate, social security cards, enrollment verification, court orders, parentage affidavits, etc.
• Initiate actions to establish paternity, enforcement and modification of child support orders.
• Calculates child support obligations.
• Regular monitoring and review of on-going cases for compliance.
• Continually updates all actions in the State of MN PRISM child support database system.
• Conducts interviews and maintains constant client contact with custodial and non-custodial parent by phone, mail, and in-person.
• Assist with the preparation and processing of legal documents for Court.
• Conducts inter-jurisdictional activities and tasks.
• Works closely with Tribal Courts staff – Clerk of Court and others.
• DNA collection for paternity establishment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associates of Arts (AA) degree preferred, at a minimum, or Administrative Support Diploma, or equivalent, and at least three (3) year experience and/or training, which must include client based interaction.
• Must possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Must possess excellent verbal, written, and computer skills using MicroSoft software (Word for Windows, Excel, Access, etc.).
• Must be able to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
• Ability to work cooperatively with Federal, State, County, and other Tribal agencies on a daily basis.
• Must be knowledgeable of the Minnesota Data Privacy Act and Red Lake Nation Tribal Code, specifically pertaining to Family Law/Child Support.
• Valid Minnesota Driver's License and current auto insurance.
• Must be bonded, trustworthy and dependable.
• Pass background check.
• Employment contingent upon passing pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
• Sign a Program Confidentiality Statement and understand penalties for any violations.
• Must be willing and able to travel.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.