Red Lake Nation News - Babaamaajimowinan (Telling of news in different places)

Leech Lake ice fisherman dies, three others sick from carbon monoxide

 


The winter's late ice fishing season turned tragic Sunday when one angler died and another was hospitalized after carbon monoxide poisoned them in a fish house on Leech Lake in northern Minnesota.

Propane heaters in the fish house, converted from a camper trailer, were not ventilated, leading to a buildup of the gas, Cass County Sheriff Tom Burch said by phone Monday. He urged anglers to "make sure your places are ventilated" and watch for symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, which can mirror the flu.

"If you're feeling sick — upset stomach, dizziness — you need to get out of there and call for help right away," Burch said.

http://www.startribune.com/leech-lake-ice-fisherman-dies-three-others-sick-from-carbon-monoxide/365699971/

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020