HEALTH TECHNICIAN / URBAN EMBASSY-MPLS - RED LAKE COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH SERVICES
HEALTH TECHNICIAN / URBAN EMBASSY-MPLS
RED LAKE COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH SERVICES
Open: December 14, 2015
Closing January 4, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
The purpose of the Urban Health Technician is to provide community health services to urban Red Lake members or their descendants. This position is located at the Red Lake Nation Urban Embassy in Bloomington, Minnesota to perform various direct health care activities, health related duties for a greater understanding of health, health resources, personal and family initiative in health improvement to reach the highest standards of health. Reports to Urban Embassy/MPLS Director and the Red Lake Nation Comprehensive Health Services Director, full-time position, with benefits, Salary; $37,192.00.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides information on health principles, practices and available resources in seeking preventive care and early treatment for the patient and family.
• Provide assistance in personal hygiene, takes blood pressures, changes dressings, administer oral medication, set up medications correctly.
• Provides spot checks on our elders.
• Must be able to carry out various treatment procedures for patients as recommended by the physician or supervisor.
• Keeps current listing of families, elderly and diabetic population in case load.
• Keeps program care plans for diabetics, prenatal, newborns, postpartum, high-risk children and adults' current number of diabetic clients.
• Perform community health screenings for hypertension and diabetes.
• Documents observations and nursing care, and reports changes in patient's condition to health care provider.
• Delivers medications, medical supplies and emergency medical messages to patients.
• Acts as liaison between provider and/or family.
• Assists in communicable disease follow-up.
• Able to provide CPR/First Aid as needed.
• Records, maintains and submits all reports as required.
• Assists patients in obtaining medical supplies and equipment necessary in providing direct medical care.
• Certification in use of Accucheck Home Glucose monitor.
• Performs all other duties as requested by the Tribal Health Director.
• GED or High School Diploma.
• Completed a Nursing Assistant course and must be a (CNA) Certified Nursing Assistant.
• Preferred: (LPN) Licensed Practical Nurse.
• Vast experience of the Red Lake members living in the Twin Cities/Metro area.
• Experience in health care and elderly care services.
• Must possess a valid Minnesota Driver's License and current auto insurance.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test.
• Red Lake Band Member/American Indian Preference applies.
To Apply: Applications and copies of certifications/diplomas are accepted at Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Phone: (218) 679-1847.