ADMINISTRATOR - Jourdain/Perpich Extended Care Center
Jourdain/Perpich Extended Care Center
OPEN: December 14, 2015
CLOSING: January 4, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
The Administrator will be responsible for directing the daily functions of the Jourdain/Perpich Extended Care Center in accordance with Federal and state standards, regulations, and guidelines to ensure that the highest quality of care is provided to the residents. Reports to the Tribal Health Director, this position is full-time with benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and implements Nursing Home policies and procedures to comply with Federal, State and Local requirements and to fulfill licensure certification standards.
• Hires, monitors and directs the activities of several Department Heads reporting to this position in the implementation of these policies and procedures.
• Analyzes Departmental operations, evaluates the environment and equipment necessary for effective functioning and implements any necessary procedural change.
• Ensure conformance with the Nursing Home annual budget.
• Investigates revenue sources, including grant writing, re-adjusts and re-directs services to maximize reimbursement and completes all required documentation to this effect.
• Serves on various community boards to assure continued care for residents.
• Problem solving capacity with regard to Nursing Home operations.
• Responsible for a fire and safety program to prevent fire and injury to residents, staff, and visitors and to maintain a safe and hazard free environment in the Nursing Home.
• Acts as liaison to Nursing Home auxiliary to maximize their efforts in volunteer hours and donated monetary projects that benefit the Nursing Home.
• Plans and oversees capital improvements.
• Compiles budget projections, revenues and expenses to support justification to the Executive Administrator.
• Meets with community groups and hospital administrators to develop admission criteria, special unit policies and procedures, evaluate equipment necessary for effective functioning; and plans for new or expanded programs that meet community needs for geriatric services.
• Responsibility for Nursing Home operation with regard to staffing, payroll and benefits administration, in-service education, budget review and analysis and operational and capital expenditures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Two years of specialized supervisory/managerial capacity experience in an extended care center.
• Must possess a current Minnesota Nursing Home Administrator's License.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.