ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR - Jourdain/Perpich Extended Care Center
Jourdain/Perpich Extended Care Center
OPEN: December 14, 2015
CLOSING: January 4, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
Seeking a qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or and activities professional to coordinate and supervise the activities department. Individual must meet Minnesota State and Federal standards for qualifications, including at least 2 years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years. Reports to the Administrator, this position is full-time with benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible to ensure compliance with Federal and State standards for activities programs in long term care facilities.
• Responsible for directing the development, implementation, supervision, and ongoing evaluation of the activities program.
• Completes the activities component of the comprehensive assessment and car planning goals.
• Ability to individualize the care plan goals and approaches that are based on the abilities, skills, and interests of each resident.
• Scheduling of activities for both individuals and groups.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Required: GED/High School Diploma and must submit certificate with application.
• Prefer Associate of Arts Degree or higher.
• Must be eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist, or have two year experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years, or
• Qualified occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant, or
• Completed a training course approved by the Minnesota State.
• Two year experience in supervisory capacity.
• Must have a valid Minnesota Driver's License.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.