DRIVER(S) - RED LAKE ELDERLY NUTRITION PROGRAM
ELDERLY NUTRITION PROGRAM – RED LAKE UNIT
Open: December 4, 2015
Closing: December 18, 2015 @ 3:00 p.m.
Purpose of Position:
Driver(s) will deliver hot/cold lunches to homebound Elderly within Reservation boundaries. As the driver(s) delivers the meals they check to see if the Elderly are okay and report back any unusual circumstances. Reports to Elderly Nutrition Program Director, part-time position(s), salary; $9.00 hourly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Transport meals to assigned Elderly.
• Complete route list and daily reports.
• Properly care for, clean, and return equipment as required.
• Count and turn in undelivered meals.
• Be flexible and available for special occasions, and special schedules.
• Assist kitchen with packaging of hot and cold food items.
• Must understand and communicate the mission of the Red Lake Nation Elderly Nutrition Program.
• Keep vehicle clean at all times.
• Report any vehicle maintenance issues to the ENP Director.
• May require standing for more than one hour, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, twisting, reaching above your head, good range of motion in neck, good manual dexterity and coordination, stair climbing, and climbing in and out of vehicle.
• You may also be exposed to adverse climatic conditions both inside homes and in the outdoor environment.
• Other duties as required.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• GED or High School Diploma.
• Must be able to keep records.
• Work with the elderly.
• Follow state and local health department guidelines which apply to the job.
• Must be in good physical health.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Attend training as scheduled.
• Excellent motor vehicle driving record, with no accidents or moving violations.
• Must have valid Minnesota Driver's License.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.