CONTROL OFFICER - RED LAKE REGIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMPLEX
RED LAKE REGIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMPLEX
Open: December 3, 2015
Closing Date: December 17, 2015 @ 3:00 p.m.
Responsible for the overall maintenance of surveillance and security for the Red Lake Detention Facility, staff and inmates, as well as, exercising independent and sound judgment in ensuring a secure and orderly Detention Facility. Full-time position with benefits, reports to Detention Administrator. Salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Monitors overall Security System operation to ensure safety and security of personnel, inmates and property.
• Exercise independent and sound judgment in crisis situations.
• Provides and summons assistance and/or aid for inmates and personnel when situations arise.
• Performs work assignments on a rotating shift schedule.
• Maintains daily documentation of activities of the facility.
• Ability to operate a computer terminal and perform data entry.
• Performs assignments of inmate admission, classification and release processes.
• Performs escorts and/or transports of inmates to and from various activities within and outside the jail when needed.
• Must also participate and complete all in-service training provided.
• Must complete the Correctional Officer's Training Program in Artesia, New Mexico.
• Ability to multi-task instantaneously.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
• Familiarity with the Data Privacy Act and be of high stable character with proven ability to maintain strict standards of behavior and confidentiality.
• Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with people of varied economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must pass a criminal background records check without any felony convictions and must never have been convicted of Domestic Violence.
• Possess a valid Minnesota driver's license and provide proof of a clean driving record.
• Agree to maintain a drug-free workplace and submit to employee drug testing.
• Physically capable of handling job requirements and working long hours when needed.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.