PROCESS SERVER - RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURT
RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURT
Open: November 18, 2015
Closing: December 16, 2015 @ 3:00 p.m.
To effect service of process on all court cases and to serve as a bailiff as needed. Reports to Court Administrator, part-time position, salary; $15.00 hourly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serves Court process of all court documents except warrants in all cases pending before the Court
• Files necessary documents showing proof of service with the Court
• Must work with all phases of community in confidential, non-judgmental manner
• Participates in meetings, in-service training, staff development, and other professional growth activities as required or needed
• Maintains accurate and up to date case records in a neat and legible prescribed form
• MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY AT ALL TIMES
• High School Diploma/GED
• Previous experience in law enforcement, courts, or related to these fields.
• Knowledgeable of family location(s) and geographical area of the Red Lake Reservation
• Possess excellent communication and customer relations skills
• Knowledgeable of tribal and federal laws for service of process
• Must be able to handle stressful situations in a professional manner
• Computer literate, including Windows, Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook) etc.
• Be able to work, on occasion, after hours and on weekends
• Must have a valid Minnesota State issued driver's license and automobile insurance
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates are accepted at Human Resources Department, PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 - Phone (218) 679-1847.