Yellowknife man dies after bacterial infection diagnosis missed twice
A Yellowknife man who suffered organ failure due to complications from a bacterial infection died in an Edmonton hospital Saturday.
Michael Francois, 33, had been receiving treatment at the University of Alberta Hospital in Edmonton for a streptococcus pneumoniae infection. Machines kept him alive for nearly two weeks after his lungs, liver, and kidneys shut down.
"The infection went through his bloodstream and organs," said Helen Minoza, Francois' sister.