CUSTODIAN/MAINTENANCE WORKER - HUMANITIES CENTER
Open: November 16, 2015
Closing: December 11, 2015 @ 3:00 p.m.
Keep the Humanities Center building, grounds, and office areas clean and in an orderly condition by performing routine maintenance on a daily basis. Reports to Special Projects Coordinator, full-time w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs and vacuums hallways and office space
• Cleans washrooms, including disinfecting toilet bowls and sinks
• Cleans windows, inside and outside on a regular basis
• Fills paper towels and toilet paper dispensers as needed
• Empties trash and garbage containers
• Cleans and shovels snow and debris from sidewalk
• Trims shrubbery and does general cleaning and pick up of the buildings grounds
• Maintains building by performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical and other related maintenance activities
• Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• One (1) year of experience involving janitorial/maintenance work
• Prefer: Boilers License
• Knowledgeable of methods, equipment and materials used in cleaning
• Must possess the ability to perform manual labor and lift up to 25 lbs
• Must possess the ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Must have a valid Minnesota Driver's license
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Red Lake Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone: 679-1847.