ASSISTANT TEACHER - CHILD CARE PROGRAM OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH-(NEW BEGINNINGS PROGRAM)
CHILD CARE PROGRAM
OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH-(NEW BEGINNINGS PROGRAM)
Open: November 16, 2015 -
OPEN UNTIL FILLED!!
Provide and foster a safe healthy learning environment for the children; Implementing Educational Curriculums, Utilize parents as team members to accomplish Child Care objectives, Promotes staff development, documentation and other Child Care needs. Reports to Child Care Director, full-time position, w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Must interact with children and parents in a positive manner.
• Facilitate each child's learning of basic reading, writing and arithmetic to incorporate health, nutrition, dental care, social skills and culture into the curriculum.
• Attend all Child Care in-service sessions and staff meetings and educational classes as set forth.
• Maintain and foster a healthy emotional climate in the classroom.
• Follow the recommendations of administration staff when program improvement is needed.
• Follow current teaching model to assist with lesson plans.
• Use computer to generate curriculum when requested.
• Complete child assessments daily and give information to Lead Teacher.
• Seek on-going career development.
• Be familiar with Child Care policies and procedures.
• Maintain organizational properties of classroom environment.
• Encourage parent participation on the Child Care program.
• Promote and foster the Child Care philosophy among staff, parents and community.
• Clear away and set-up the classroom activities daily, or as assigned.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Occasionally provide non-traditional child care hours.
• Other duties as assigned by Lead Teacher and/or Child Care Director.
• GED/High School Diploma.
• Preferred, but not required, Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
• Become CPR/First Aid Certified.
• Must also have a pre-employment physical including hearing and vision testing.
• Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Must be flexible and be a Self-starter.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Background check by: Red Lake Courts, Family & Children Services, State/National and Pre-Employment Drug Testing.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.