SOCIAL WORKER - JOURDAIN/PERPICH EXTENDED CARE CENTER
JOURDAIN/PERPICH EXTENDED CARE CENTER
OPEN: October 30, 2015
CLOSING: November 20, 2015 @ 3:00 p.m.
Responsible for initiating and maintaining a comprehensive, social services program within the center. Provides services to meet the social and emotional needs of the all the residents, acts as a discharge planning coordinator for the center. Reports to Administrator, full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Admission Assistance: Meet with each new resident to answer questions, insure they have been informed of their personal and property rights and to obtain necessary information for a social history and assessment.
• Charting/Care Planning: Arrange care plan conference and communicate to other disciplines the date, time and names of residents for conferences. Inform resident of date and time of conference; inquire as to inviting family members.
• Social and Emotional Needs: Work with all departments to develop and maintain the least restrictive environment possible in order to help provide residents with styles of living most satisfying to them.
• Community Resources: Develop a broad and comprehensive knowledge of available center and community resources. Develop a system of liaisons/referrals with community agencies.
• Discharge: Assist with the development of a realistic and appropriate discharge plan for the resident. Follow up with resident/family after discharge; write a discharge summary as required.
• Safety: Know and follow center rules. Report any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors to appropriate center personnel.
• May handle admission inquires and center tours.
• Assist with special center programs and events.
• Function as resident advocate for resident rights and resident concern program.
• Attend center's mandatory in-services. Participate in departmental in-service designed to increase the center staff's awareness of the social and emotional needs of the resident.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or a Bachelor's Degree in a human services field including, but not limited to: sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, psychology; and one year of supervised social work experience in a health care setting, working directly with individuals is required.
• Maintains current licensure with Minnesota Board of Social Workers.
• Meet all health requirements imposed by law.
• Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
• Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.