PC SUPPORT TECHNICIAN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY-MIS DEPARTMENT
PC SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY-MIS DEPARTMENT
OPEN: October 27, 2015
CLOSING: November 13, 2015 @ 3:00 p.m.
To provide technical support for computer hardware, software, peripherals and network applications used by the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians. Full-time position, does not have supervisory responsibility, reports to Help Desk Manager, salary is DOQ.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Installs troubleshoots and maintains computer, networking, security and telecommunications equipment.
• Provides users with information on software/networking guidelines and follows guidelines when installing hardware and software on site.
• Trains users on problem areas when help is requested.
• Installs and/or updates authorized software on machines.
• Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers.
• Instructs user in use of equipment, software and manuals.
• Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge of new computer hardware, techniques and system design.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
• Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
• Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
• Creativity. Ability to think around problems and come up with creative solutions.
• Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
• Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications.
• Associate's degree In Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience required.
• Possess one (1) year experience supporting computer operating systems and software applications in a business environment preferred.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
• Knowledge of computer network concepts.
• Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot a variety of computer hardware and software problems.
• Must pass DOJ and Band background check.
• Must have valid Minnesota Driver's License.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.