Red Lake Nation News - Babaamaajimowinan (Telling of news in different places)

Red Lake Tribal Council Announces Trust Fund Distribution


Red Lake Tribal Government Center

The Red Lake Tribal Council has approved a $250.00 payment distribution for the enrolled membership of the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians. The check distribution will be on Saturday, December 12, 2015, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for on-reservation members only. All off-reservation member checks will be mailed on December 10, 2015.

On-Reservation Membership Check Distribution

• Distribution will be Saturday, December 12, 2015, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

• Redby, Red Lake, and Little Rock Districts will be distributed at the Humanities Center

• Ponemah District distribution will be at the Ponemah Boys and Girls Club

• All checks not picked up at the distribution sites will be mailed to members on Monday, December 14, 2015

Off-Reservation Membership Check Distribution

• All off-reservation member checks will be mailed on December 10, 2015.

• If you have a mail delivery problem or question please contact your local post office.

• Checks reported lost will have a 60-day waiting period before it will be re-issued. A $20.00 stop payment fee will be deducted from the check

• Stolen checks must be reported to your local law enforcement, and a police report will be required by the Accounting Department

• No Checks will be issued after March 31, 2016! Unclaimed monies are required to be returned to the Trust Fund Account

Deadlines and Enrollment Information Related to Distribution

• Change of Address and/or Proof of Guardianship Deadline is Friday, November 20, 2015, at 5 p.m. Contact number is 218-679-3341

• If you have moved (on or off the reservation) you must update this information

• Proof of guardianship: Include one of the following only: Current Court Order, Custody Order, Relative Care Verification, or MFIP verification

Enrollment Application Deadline for this payment is Friday, November 6, 2015, at 5 p.m. The following must be submitted to the Enrollment Office to apply for enrollment:

• A completed notarized application

• Certified State issued Birth Certificate

• All other documentation as stated on the enrollment application

• Incomplete Applications will not be accepted or processed

• Applications are available at the Duluth and Minneapolis Urban Offices.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020