Red Lake Tribal Council Announces Trust Fund Distribution
The Red Lake Tribal Council has approved a $250.00 payment distribution for the enrolled membership of the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians. The check distribution will be on Saturday, December 12, 2015, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for on-reservation members only. All off-reservation member checks will be mailed on December 10, 2015.
On-Reservation Membership Check Distribution
• Distribution will be Saturday, December 12, 2015, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Redby, Red Lake, and Little Rock Districts will be distributed at the Humanities Center
• Ponemah District distribution will be at the Ponemah Boys and Girls Club
• All checks not picked up at the distribution sites will be mailed to members on Monday, December 14, 2015
Off-Reservation Membership Check Distribution
• All off-reservation member checks will be mailed on December 10, 2015.
• If you have a mail delivery problem or question please contact your local post office.
• Checks reported lost will have a 60-day waiting period before it will be re-issued. A $20.00 stop payment fee will be deducted from the check
• Stolen checks must be reported to your local law enforcement, and a police report will be required by the Accounting Department
• No Checks will be issued after March 31, 2016! Unclaimed monies are required to be returned to the Trust Fund Account
Deadlines and Enrollment Information Related to Distribution
• Change of Address and/or Proof of Guardianship Deadline is Friday, November 20, 2015, at 5 p.m. Contact number is 218-679-3341
• If you have moved (on or off the reservation) you must update this information
• Proof of guardianship: Include one of the following only: Current Court Order, Custody Order, Relative Care Verification, or MFIP verification
Enrollment Application Deadline for this payment is Friday, November 6, 2015, at 5 p.m. The following must be submitted to the Enrollment Office to apply for enrollment:
• A completed notarized application
• Certified State issued Birth Certificate
• All other documentation as stated on the enrollment application
• Incomplete Applications will not be accepted or processed
• Applications are available at the Duluth and Minneapolis Urban Offices.