DIRECTOR - Solid Waste Transfer Station
Solid Waste Transfer Station
Open: October 14, 2015
Closing: October 30, 2015 @ 3:00 p.m.
The Director of the Red Lake Solid Waste Transfer Station is responsible for overseeing the management of the RLSWTS operating facilities on a daily basis. Reports to the Executive Administrative Officer: full-time position, with benefits, Salary; DOQ.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Assume management responsibility for all services and activities of the Solid Waste Department including solid waste collection and disposal, recycling, contact negotiation and administration, and solid waste code enforcement.
• Manage and participate in the development and Implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned programs; recommend appropriate service and staffing levels; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
• Monitor/evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assess and monitor work load, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement and review with management; implement improvements.
• Select, train, motivate, and evaluate departmental personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and terminations procedures.
• Effectively manage the activities of the solid waste department.
• Analyze financial/operating data and develop/maintain a computerized information rate model.
• Research and write grant documents.
• Interpret and apply federal, state and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
• Prepare and administer a departmental budget.
• Operate/use modern office equipment including; computer and appropriate software.
• Establish/maintain cooperative working relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
• Four years experience in planning and directing solid waste collection, disposal management, or regulatory enforcement operations, including two years of supervisory experience.
• Four (4) year accredited Bachelors degree in natural resources, business administration, environmental programs, or a related field.
• Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Must have a valid Minnesota Driver's license, auto insurance and reliable car.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Red Lake Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.