NURSE /LPN – NORTHERN WIND TX/HWH CHEMICAL HEALTH PROGRAMS
NURSE /LPN – NORTHERN WIND TX/HWH
CHEMICAL HEALTH PROGRAMS
Open: October 13, 2015 – OPEN UNTIL FILLED!
Coordinate information, staff time, and services to assure clients physical health and assure medication management of mental health conditions. Reports to Northern Winds Treatment Center and Halfway House Supervisor; full-time position w/benefits, salary DOQ (w/increase after successful completion of 90-day probationary period).
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Monitor and attend to Clients Physical and Behavioral Health
• Assure that residents of treatment center or halfway house have their medical need met.
• Observe and report client behaviors.
• Manage client medical appointments and medications (as well as refills.)
• Prepare required paperwork prior to doctor appointments
• Maintain a log of client appointment and transport clients to appointments.
• Coordinate services with the Medical and Behavioral health departments.
• Coordinate with counselors
• Maintain medical supplies inventory.
• Mandatory participation in workshop/training.
• Able to respond to referrals made by other social services agencies.
• On call 24-hours a day, seven days a week;
• Abide by and maintain confidentiality rules and regulations.
• Refrain from mood-altering chemicals
• Mandatory participation in alcohol/drug testing when called upon.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have an LPN license and two (2) years of experience;
• Must have at least two (2) years of chemical dependency rehabilitation experience, including some supervisory experience;
• Knowledgeable of laws applicable to the chemical health programs operations;
• Able to work cohesively with management and local agencies;
• Must have at least two (1) years of sobriety.
• Must possess a valid state driver's license and auto insurance.
• Must be on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week
To Apply: Chemical Health Applications and copies of diplomas/certificates are accepted at Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 - (218) 679-1847.
Applications are also available at Chemical Health Programs.