Senate Indian Affairs Committee schedules hearing on seven bills
The Senate Indian Affairs Committee will hold its next hearing on October 7.
All seven of the bills on the agenda focus on land-into-trust issues for tribes in California, Nevada and Oregon. The list follows:
• S.817, a bill for the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians in Oregon.
• S.818, a bill for the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde in Oregon.
• S.1436, the Nevada Native Nations Land Act, a bill for six Nevada tribes.
• S. 1761, a bill for the Susanville Rancheria of California.
• S. 1822, a bill for the Tuolumne Band of Me-Wuk Indians in California.
• S. 1986, the Moapa Band of Paiutes Land Conveyance Act, a bill for the Moapa Band of Paiute Indians in Nevada.
• H.R.387, the Economic Development Through Tribal Land Exchange Act, a bill for the Morongo Band of Mission Indians in California. The House passed the bill on July 13.