2 - DETENTION OFFICER - RED LAKE REGIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMPLEX
2 - DETENTION OFFICER
RED LAKE REGIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMPLEX
Open: August 28, 2015
Closing: September 11, 2015 @ 3:00 p.m.
Responsible for routine correctional work involving; correctional duties, transportation of prisoners and others that is in legal custody. Reports to Detention Administrator, full-time positions with benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Responsible for directing, coordinating, and organizing the day-to-day activities of inmates, according to department policies and procedures.
• Monitor and direct group and individual behavior among the inmates to prevent, control, and resolve inmate problems and/or conflicts.
• Monitor and direct various inmate programs (i.e., recreation time, visitations, library time, etc.).
• Provides and summons assistance and aid for inmates while maintaining the safety and security of the facility.
• Dispenses authorized medications and administers first aid and CPR, when necessary.
• Delivers meals, mail and provides other personal needs to the inmates.
• Maintains and secures necessary financial records (i.e., cash accounts, bail, fines, etc.).
• Collects, maintains, all necessary records and reports. (i.e., medical screening, medication delivery, inmate activity, inmate property, fingerprints, photographs, visitors log, incident and discipline reports, etc.)
• Searches and observes inmates, visitors, vendors, trustees, and other to ensure these aspects of jail operation(s) are maintained.
• Must participate and complete all in-service training provided
• Responsible for processing admissions and releases of inmates.
• Escorts and/or transports inmates to and from their places of custody and confinement along with various activities within and outside of the Detention Center.
• Performs work assignments on a rotating shift as scheduled.
• Must be able to handle and control any emergency situations such as riots, civil disobedience, natural disasters, and other situations as arise.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED Certificate is required.
• Must have the ability to comprehend, follow, and enforce Detention services, policies, and procedures.
• Familiarity with the Data Privacy Act and be of Familiarity with the Data Privacy Act and be of high stable character with the proven ability to maintain strict standards of behavior and confidentiality.
• Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with people of varied economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
• Must have ability to ensure the inmates welfare, health and rights, and to maintain order and humanitarian conditions within the facility.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively orally and written form and to understand and effectively execute oral or written instructions.
• Must pass a criminal records background check, without any felony convictions and must never have been convicted of domestic violence.
• Possess a valid Minnesota Driver's License and provide proof of a clean driving record.
• Knowledgeable in the use of self-defense and physical confrontation skills.
• Agree to maintain a drug-free workplace and submit to employee drug testing.
• Physically capable of handling job requirements and working long hours when needed.
• Must complete the Basic Correctional Officer's Training Program in Artesia, New Mexico.
TO APPLY: Applications, supplementary questionnaire, and copies of certificates are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 - (218) 679-1847.