3 – ASSISTANT TEACHER(S) - CHILD CARE PROGRAM - OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH-(NEW BEGINNINGS PROGRAM)
3 – ASSISTANT TEACHER(S)
CHILD CARE PROGRAM
OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH-(NEW BEGINNINGS PROGRAM)
Open: August 18, 2015
Closing: August 28, 2015 @ 3:00 p.m.
Provide and foster a safe healthy learning environment for the children; Implementing Educational Curriculums, Utilize parents as team members to accomplish Child Care objectives, Promotes staff development, documentation and other Child Care needs. Reports to Child Care Director, full-time position(s) with benefits, salary DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Must interact with children in a positive manner.
• Facilitate each child's learning of basic reading, writing and arithmetic to incorporate health, nutrition, dental care, social skills and culture into the curriculum.
• Attend mandatory Child Care in-service sessions, staff meetings and educational classes.
• Maintain and foster a healthy emotional climate in the classroom.
• Follow recommendations of administrative staff when program improvement is needed.
• Follow current teaching model to assist with lesson plans.
• Use computer to generate curriculum when requested.
• Complete child assessments daily and give information to Lead Teacher.
• Seek on-going career development.
• Be familiar with Child Care policies and procedures.
• Maintain organizational properties of classroom environment.
• Encourage parent participation on the Child Care program.
• Promote and foster the Child Care philosophy among staff, parents and community.
• Clear away and set-up the classroom activities daily, or as assigned by Lead Teacher.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Occasionally provide non-traditional child care hours.
• Other duties as assigned by Lead Teacher and/or Child Care Director
• High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred, but not required, Child Development Associate Credential (CDA).
• Become CPR/First Aid Certified.
• Must also have a pre-employment physical including hearing and vision testing.
• Must be able to lift 70 pounds.
• Must be flexible and be a self-starter.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Background check by: Red Lake Courts, Family & Children Services, State/National and Pre-Employment Drug Testing.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.