Officials blame meth for pregnant Native American woman's death in jail - but family says she was not a user
The family of 24-year-old Sarah Lee Circle Bear questioned an autopsy report saying she died from overdosing on methamphetamines, Red Power Media reported.
“How did she get that much meth?” asked her father, Terrence Circle Bear.
As the Associated Press reported, state Attorney General Marty Jackley said that there was “acute methamphetamine and amphetamine toxicity” in Circle Bear’s blood. The results are not available to the public, he said, but he is investigating where the the substance came from.