ARTS INITIATIVE ASSISTANT - ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & PLANNING
ARTS INITIATIVE ASSISTANT
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & PLANNING
Open: August 13, 2015
Closing: August 21, 2015 @ 3:00 p.m.
Assist the Arts Initiative Coordinator and the Entrepreneur Program with providing needed services and activities to assist, develop, and market Red Lake Nation artists. Reports to Economic Development & Planning Director, part-time position; salary; $10.00 hourly (15 hours per week).
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Work within the Entrepreneur Program to assist with defining and achieving annual objectives, schedules, and overall strategies for artist development and promotion.
• Assist with various tasks needed for artist development and artist events.
• Be the lead on the maintenance of an Artist database.
• Responsible for communication with the Entrepreneur Program and the overall department.
• Assist with monitoring and documenting all work and activities with outcomes for evaluation and reporting.
• Assist with assignment coordination of various tasks needed for artist activities and events.
• Assist with communication and coordinating department staff as needed for artist activities and events.
• Assist with development and distribution of marketing materials needed for artists, as well as art activities and events; including online methods.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and vendors in a fast paced work environment.
• Assist the department with identifying and managing funding sources for artist projects.
• Assist with monitoring of resources and trends that would benefit the artists.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills; able to present appropriate and concise information, meet specified deadlines, and work well under pressure.
• Be an effective Economic Development & Planning team member and maintain effective communication with department staff.
• Trustworthy with confidential tribal information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• GED/High School Diploma.
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Familiar with various aspects of working in the arts (visual, literary, and performing).
• A strong communication network established with Red Lake Nation artists and artist resources.
• Event planning experience.
• Office administrative skills.
• Website development and social media experience would be a plus.
• Project Management Training would also be a plus.
• American Indian Preference.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certifications/diplomas are being accepted at the Red Lake Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone 218-679-1847.