CAREER DEVELOPMENT INSTRUCTOR - OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH (NEW BEGINNINGS)
CAREER DEVELOPMENT INSTRUCTOR
OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH (NEW BEGINNINGS)
OPEN: August 10, 2015
CLOSING: August 21, 2015 @ 3:00 p.m.
Career Development Instructor will work with the OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH (New Beginnings) clientele to teach job search skill, resume development and barrier removal. Act as a liaison between the clientele, Case Managers, Employer, Training, Institute and other area resources that will provide employment and training opportunities to the Clients. Reports to Executive Director, full-time w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Ensure and organize the daily function and activities for the Clients Job Searching.
• Facilitate job opportunities and advancement for clientele.
• Work closely with employers on and off the Red Lake Reservation to inform business, labor and public about the availability of employment opportunities and training programs.
• Facilitate training sessions with clientele, once they have gained employment, to assist in employment and training areas that will meet long term goals of becoming self-sufficient.
• Case manage, record keeping, and reporting on all Clients activities as stipulated by program requirements.
• Conduct Interest Assessments and provide career/education advisement, develop a career and job fair.
• Maintain a current employment directory and bulletin board of current job vacancies.
• Develop a tracking system of TANF/477 Clients who have secured employment and maintain data of those actively seeking employment.
• Provide a 30/60/90 follow up on all placements.
• GED/High School Diploma.
• Minimum of 2 year experience of Federal/State Employment and Training Programs.
• Ability to professionally interact with Employers and clientele with varying personalities, background and cultures.
• Poised, professional appearance, and demeanor.
• Excellent oral and written skills, effective interpersonal skills.
• Experience preferred in recruiting, job training or customer service.
• Computer skills including Windows environment, specifically word, excel, access and presentation software (such as power point).
• Pre-employment drug testing in accordance with the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Drug and Alcohol Policy; New Beginnings is a zero tolerance program.
• Must have a valid driver's license, current insurance and a dependable vehicle. Must also be insurable under the Tribe's driving policy.
• Must successfully pass a criminal background investigation.
• Must have excellent attendance and work ethic.
To Apply: Application and copies of certificates/diplomas are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department – P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Phone (218) 679-1847.