Language Arts Teacher - Red Lake Schools #38
Red Lake Schools #38
JOB TITLE: Language Arts Teacher
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB PURPOSE: The Language Arts teacher shall teach students a standards based Language Arts curriculum. The Language Arts teacher shall work closely with administration, teachers and support staff to develop and maintain high levels of data collection and analysis to problem solve and drive effective decision making about Language Arts programs, instruction and classroom management and student discipline. Interpret student assessment data to inform Language Arts instructional practice for improvement. Collaboratively develop PLT, team planning and Language Arts instruction. Collaborate, communicate and coordinate with administration, Minnesota Department of Education and the Regional Center of Excellence to engage in professional development related to Language Arts instruction and program development. Participate in Language Arts education processes on the type and intensity of intervention models for student academic and behavior growth and achievement.
The Language Arts teacher shall:
1. Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a licensure in Elementary or Middle School,
2. Have completed a Language Arts licensure program,
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the foundations of Language Arts education processes and instruction,
4. Demonstrate knowledge and experience working with adults,
5. Demonstrate ability to use a wide variety of instructional practices, approaches, methods, and curriculum materials to support Language Arts instruction,
6. Demonstrate ability to use a variety of assessments and practices to plan and evaluate effective Language Arts instruction,
7. Demonstrate experience interpreting formative and summative data,
8. Demonstrate ability and experience delivering a variety of student group instructions,
9. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills,
10. Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to implement effective teaching strategies and interventions,
11. Demonstrate experience accepting instructional and data coaching strategies,
12. Demonstrate experience participating in long-term, substantive, coherent professional development,
13. Demonstrate knowledge and experience with the Charlotte Danielson for Effective Teaching evaluation model,
14. Demonstrate knowledge of and/or experience implementing the Developmental Design program effectively,
15. Demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to integrate technology into lessons,
16. Demonstrate knowledge of school improvement in a turnaround school,
17. Demonstrate knowledge about Red Lake Nation culture and communities,
18. Fulfill requirements for mandatory background check,
19. Have good moral character and a strong work ethic.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan, organize and deliver effective Language Arts education instruction for student academic growth and achievement,
2. Gather, organize, synthesize and utilize student assessment data to improve instruction,
3. Effectively interpret formative and summative data, communicate results, problem solve and collaboratively make decisions that significantly impact Language Arts instructional practices and student achievement to support Minnesota Standards and Language Arts pedagogy,
4. Promote a school wide philosophy of Language Arts literacy supported by research and theory that integrates technology and new Language Arts practice,
5. Plan, implement and evaluate effective teaching strategies and interventions,
6. Plan Language Arts lessons and implement assessment practices and data use to inform instruction through data discussions in Professional Learning Teams (PLT’s) and grade level teams to meet the needs of a diverse student population,
7. Participate effectively in PLT, grade level teams and committees,
8. Participate in instructional and data coaching to drive instruction focused PLT’s that use data to inform instruction to improve student learning and achievement,
9. Plan, organize and participate in professional development and instructional and data coaching through the teacher evaluation model,
10. Utilize student Language Arts assessment data to identify student needs and plan, implement and evaluate effective Language Arts programs to support the improvement of teaching and learning,
11. Communicate effectively and routinely with students’ parents/guardians,
12. Monitor student performance and enter progress in the electronic student grade book,
13. Implement the Developmental Design program with fidelity,
14. Implement effective classroom management, student discipline and student supervision strategies,
15. Other duties as assigned.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY:
1. District application and professional resume.
2. Provide required documentation outlined in the qualifications above.
3. Three letters of reference from education professionals
The Language Arts teacher shall be employed under: Teachers’ Master Agreement
To apply send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials to: Willie Larson, Business Manager, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671. Position closes October 4, 2013 at 3:00 p.m.