Saint John's Prep Students Study Abroad in Melk, Austria
Collegeville, MN: Saint John’s Preparatory School announces five students who will be studying abroad at the Stiftsgymnasium Melk, Austria, during the 2013-14 academic year. Students include:
• Andre Estevez, senior, son of Joseph Estevez of St. Joseph and Ellen Estevez of St. Joseph, MN
• Megan Hanson, junior, daughter of Marvin Hanson and Carleen Kunz of Red Lake, MN
• Eleanna Melcher, junior, daughter of Joseph Melcher and Aspa Rigopoulou-Melcher of St. Cloud, MN
• John Officer, junior, son of Sarah Officer of Buffalo, MN
• Haley Rooney, junior, daughter of Russ and Shelly Rooney of Belgrade, MN
Now in its 48th year, the exchange program at Saint John’s Prep began in 1966 and is the oldest one-year high school level exchange programs in the United States. It is a unique study abroad program, offering students a yearlong /travel study option at the more than 900-year-old Benedictine Abbey of Melk in Melk, Austria. This program features a full academic curriculum enriched by travel throughout Austria and in other countries in Europe.
Mr. Emmerich Sack, German teacher and exchange program coordinator, stated, “This is a wonderful opportunity for our students to immerse themselves in the German language and culture. We are pleased to offer this program, now it its 48th year.”
Founded in 1857, Saint John's Preparatory School is a Catholic/Benedictine, co-educational, International Baccalaureate and college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. For more information, visit http://www.sjprep.net or call 320-363-3321.