CHILD PROTECTION CASE MANAGER - RED LAKE FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES
CHILD PROTECTION CASE MANAGER
RED LAKE FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES
Open: June 12, 2013
Closes: Until Filled
To provide comprehensive case management services to children and families who are involved in the child protection system, both voluntarily and involuntarily, on the Red Lake Indian Reservation. Works directly with children and parents to preserve and/or reunify the family and achieve safety and well-being for children in a stable home environment whenever possible. Full-time position with benefits, reporting to Red Lake Family & Children Services Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Case Management services to families with children at risk or placement or currently in placemen; including developing a case/safety plan, facilitating supervised visits, providing face-to-face visits with family a minimum of once a month, among others
• Knowledgeable of the Red Lake Tribal Codes relating to child welfare services
• Preparation of court reports and other reports as required
• Arrange for necessary meetings with other resource agencies and provide referrals to ensure the family receives appropriate, culturally relevant services
• Attend court hearings
• Attend staff and case management meetings
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field, four years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• Two years experience in working with children and families
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Must be able to network with community organizations and work in various situations, including crises.
• Must have a valid Minnesota Driver’s License, auto insurance, and reliable car.
To Apply: applications (resumes w/applications) are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department, PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 -- Phone (218) 679-1847 Fax (218) 679-4176.