(RE-ADVERTISED) - APPELLATE JUDGE---5 POSITIONS - RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
APPELLATE JUDGE---5 POSITIONS
RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
OPEN: June 5, 2013
CLOSES: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Under the supervision of the Executive Administrator/Court Administrator, hears all appeals arising from the Red Lake Nation Tribal Court, decisions and proceedings. A panel of three (3) appellate judges will assigned to oversee all appeal hearings scheduled for the day.
Position is: Contract---As needed. Salary: $150.00 per day.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Preside over all appeals filed with the Red Lake Tribal Courts.
• Conducts all appeal hearings in a professional and fair manner.
• Ensures that the tribal code and or procedure is followed.
• Prepare clear and concise court orders based on decisions rendered in all appeal hearings.
• Maintains case files, as necessary.
• Other job related duties as assigned.
• Graduation from an accredited school of law preferred. A combined equivalent of 1-2 years of related training and or experience may be considered.
• Must have the ability to speak in front of large groups.
• Must exercise sound judgment in assigned cases.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
• Adhere to a zero tolerance policy on drugs.
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen before contract is signed.
• Adhere to and have knowledge of the Data Privacy Act.
• Must be of high moral character to uphold the integrity of the court.
• Must have knowledge of courtroom procedure.
• Must have knowledge of the Red Lake Tribal Code and Ordinances.
• Must abide to the Red Lake Band/Tribal Courts Drug Policy.
• Pass Pre-Employment Drug Test.
TO APPLY: Applications (w/resumes attached) are being accepted at the Red Lake Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847 Fax (218) 679-4176.