PROBATION OFFICER - RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
RED LAKE, MN 56671
Open: December 10, 2012
Closes: December 21, 2012
Under the supervision of the Tribal Court Administrator the Probation Officer shall perform a variety of probationary related duties for juvenile and adult offenders in the Red Lake Tribal Courts. Temporary (6-month) Full time position w/benefits. Salary $15.00 hourly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare status reports as requested by the Red Lake Nation Tribal Court.
• Communicate with community-based service providers to ascertain offender compliance with court-ordered services
• Coordinate with other jurisdictions and collaborative partner’s requests for information regarding client compliance.
• Implement and maintain adult and juvenile case files, court dates and meeting dates to ensure client case management system is up to date
• Supervise client probationary and court requirements, including weekly check-ins; compliance with terms thereof; and filing contempt of court actions for violation of court orders.
• Coordinate programs regarding alternative sentencing, including the following areas: employment, education, community service, retaining, etc.
• Arrange and monitor placement of probationers in various rehabilitation and/or treatment programs; may transport probationers and detainees in custody as needed.
• Must work with all phases of community in confidential, non-judgmental manner.
• Participates in meetings, in-service training, staff development, and other professional growth activities as required or needed.
• MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY AT ALL TIMES.
• Maintains accurate and up to date case records in a neat and legible prescribed form.
• Plans office activities, conferences, and field visits in connection with investigation and supervision functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned and as needed.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Previous experience with law enforcement, courts, probation or closely related field.
• Basic written and oral communications skills.
• Knowledge of Red Lake Nation Tribal Court intervention programs.
• Computer literate, including Windows, Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook) and other common programs.
• All applicants are subject to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Work Place Policy.
• Be able to work, on occasion, after hours and on weekends to monitor client compliance.
• Must have a valid Minnesota State issued driver’s license and automobile insurance.
• This position requires passage of a comprehensive background check.
• Pre-Employment Drug Testing.
To Apply: applications (resumes w/ applications) are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department,
PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 -- Phone (218) 679-1847 Fax (218) 679-4176.