DOMESTIC VIOLENCE/SEXUAL ASSAULT PROSECUTOR - RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE/SEXUAL ASSAULT PROSECUTOR
RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
OPEN: December 10, 2012
CLOSES: December 28, 2012
Under the supervision of the Court Administrator/Chief Prosecutor, represents the Red Lake Band in assigned criminal matters, particularly domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking. Meets with or makes telephone contact with victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking offenses in preparation for all court proceedings. Work involves coordinating with victims, witnesses, arresting officers, Domestic Violence advocates. Full-time position w/benefits. Salary: DOQ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Gather and analyzes evidence, interviews victims and witnesses in cases
• Appears before the court in DV, Sexual Assault, Stalking cases specifically and other cases as assigned.
• Conducts all preliminary hearings, arraignment, pre-trial, plea, evidentiary-motions, Etc.
• Conducts all assigned Judge and Jury Trials.
• Conducts all post conviction hearings, sentencing, probation violations and any appeal hearings.
• Establishes and maintains case files, as necessary.
• Provides legal advice to Law Enforcement agencies during investigations.
• Assist with establishing or enhancing policy and procedures regarding Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault or Stalking (if necessary).
• Assists Law Enforcement Officers in preparation of their testimony.
• Maintain accurate statistics to ensure grant reports are as complete as possible.
• Other job related duties as assigned.
• Graduation from an accredited school of law preferred. A combined equivalent of 2-3 years of related training and experience may be considered.
• Must have the ability to speak in front of large groups.
• Must exercise sound judgment in assigned cases.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
• Adhere to and have knowledge of the Data Privacy Act.
• Must be of high moral character to uphold the integrity of the court.
• Must be aware of the dynamics of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking.
• Must have knowledge of courtroom procedure.
• Must have knowledge of the Red Lake Tribal Code and Ordinances.
TO APPLY: Applications (w/resumes attached) are being accepted at the Red Lake Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847 Fax (218) 679-4176.