Director - Solid Waste Transfer Station - Red Lake Transfer Station
Solid Waste Transfer Station
Closing Date: December 14, 2012
The Director of the Red Lake Solid Waste Transfer Station is responsible for overseeing the management of the RLSWTS operating facilities on a daily basis. Full-time position with benefits; reporting to the Executive Administrative Officer.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Assume management responsibility for all services and activities of the Solid Waste Department including solid waste collection and disposal, recycling, contact negotiation and administration, and solid waste code enforcement.
• Manage and participate in the development and Implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned programs; recommend appropriate service and staffing levels; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
• Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assess and monitor work load, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement and review with management; implement improvements.
• Select, train, motivate, and evaluate departmental personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and terminations procedures.
• Effectively manage the activities of the solid waste department.
• Analyze financial and operating data and develop and maintain a computerized information rate model.
• Research and write grant documents.
• Interpret and apply federal, state and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
• Prepare and administer a departmental budget.
• Operate and use modern office equipment including a personal computer and appropriate computer programs.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
• Four years experience in planning and directing solid waste collection, disposal management, or regulatory enforcement operations, including two years of supervisory experience, Four (4) year accredited Bachelors degree in natural resources, business administration, environmental programs, or a related field. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
To Apply: Applications and resumes are accepted at: Red Lake Human Resources Department Hwy 1, East – P.O. Box 546 - Red Lake, MN 56671. (218) 679-1847 * (218) 679-4176 Fax.