Family and Community Liaison - Red Lake Schools #38
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - Red Lake Schools #38
JOB TITLE: Family and Community Liaison
REPORTS TO: Building Principal, Continuous Improvement Specialist, Superintendent
The Family and Community Liaison shall work closely with administration, teachers, parents/guardians, students and community members to develop and maintain high levels of academic, attendance and behavior performance to increase student proficiency in reading, writing and mathematics. Increase parent engagement in school events and student participation in school programs and develop a healthy positive attitude toward attendance at school, academics and student behavioral development. Bridge the gap between school and home and home to school for families. Educate and guide parents and guardians about how to support students for on time graduation and college or career readiness. Implement public and human relations strategies to develop ongoing communication regarding the school improvement process. Organize and coordinate a parent group and conduct bi-monthly meetings to gain community support for the school improvement process. Conduct home visits.
The Family and Community Liaison shall:
1. Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a teacher or social work license.
2. Experience working with children and families in schools or community organizations.
3. Experience in program implementation and evaluation.
4. Demonstrate ability and experience conducting small and large group presentations.
5. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrate experience implementing effective family involvement strategies and activities.
7. Demonstrate knowledge about Red Lake Nation culture and communities.
8. American Indian Preference and Teacher Training Program Participants priority
9. Proof of a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and vehicle ownership.
10. Fulfill requirements for mandatory background check.
11. Have good moral character and a strong work ethic.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work closely with Administration, teachers, as well as parents/guardians regarding individual student’s participation in school, academic, work and extracurricular activities and responding to the individual needs of students and their families.
2. Work as a team member with other school staff members including the Principal, Assistant Principal, Wellness Counselors, Director of Special Services and Teachers, to work to improve students’ academic performance, achievement, attendance and/or behavior.
3. Make home visits to develop healthy, positive family attitudes towards academic success, attendance at school and student development.
4. Support home, school and community relationships that result in on time graduation as well as career and/or college readiness.
5. Communicate with parents and the community about the turnaround efforts of the school and improvement plans through press releases, newsletters, newspaper announcements, website postings, instant voice and text messages and direct mailings.
6. Organize school home parent group and hold community meetings bi-monthly to gain support and discuss school improvement plans that parallel the requirements of the turnaround efforts.
7. Write reports and submit to the Principal as required.
8. Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by the Principal, Assistant Principal, Continuous Improvement Specialist and Superintendent.
9. Adhere to data privacy regulations and maintain confidentiality.
10. Reports to Principal and Assistant Principal.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY:
1. District application and professional resume.
2. Provide required documentation outlined in the qualifications above.
3. Three letters of reference from education or social work professionals
4. Employment interview.
The Family and Community Liaison shall be employed under: Teachers’ Master Agreement
To apply send completed District application, resume and letters reference to Family Community Liaison Search, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671. Position closes October 11, 2012 at 3:00 p.m.