Data and Instructional Coach - Red Lake Schools #38
Employment Opportunity - Red Lake Schools #38
JOB TITLE: Data and Instructional Coach
REPORTS TO: Building Principal, Continuous Improvement Specialist
The Data and Instructional Coach shall work closely with administration, teachers and support staff to develop and maintain high levels of data collection and analysis to problem solve and drive effective decision making about programs and instruction. Facilitate interpreting data for instructional coaching to inform instructional practice for improvement. Assist Principal with ongoing development of PLT’s and Differentiated Instruction. Collaborate, communicate and coordinate with MDE, Regional Center of Excellence for delivery of professional development related to instruction and data coaching. Coordinate Reading, Writing and Math interventions with staff.
The Data and Instructional Coach shall:
1. Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a licensure in Elementary or Middle School.
2. Demonstrate experience in data collection, organization, synthesis and presentation to diverse audiences.
3. Demonstrate experience interpreting formative, interim and summative data.
4. Demonstrate ability and experience conducting small and large group presentations.
5. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to implement effective teaching strategies and interventions.
7. Demonstrate experience implementing data and instructional coaching strategies.
8. Demonstrate experience coordinating professional development.
9. Demonstrate experience coordinating reading, writing and math interventions with instructional staff.
10. Demonstrate knowledge about Red Lake Nation culture and communities.
11. Fulfill requirements for mandatory background check.
12. Have good moral character and a strong work ethic.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Gather, organize, synthesize and present data to diverse audiences.
2. Effectively interpret formative, interim and summative data, communicate results, problem solve and collaboratively make decisions that significantly impact instructional practices and student achievement.
3. Coach staff (including Administrators) to support effective use of data resulting in changes that increase student achievement.
4. Facilitate ongoing coaching around assessment practices and data use to inform instruction through data discussions in Professional Learning Teams (PLT’s).
5. Assist the Principal in supporting PLT’s.
6. Facilitate ongoing coaching around Instruction Focused PLT’s that use data to inform instruction to improve student learning and achievement.
7. Collaborate with MDE and the North Regional Center of Excellence on data related communication and delivery of professional development and instructional and data coaching at the school.
8. Coordinate Reading and Math interventions with staff.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY:
1. District application and professional resume.
2. Provide required documentation outlined in the qualifications above.
3. Three letters of reference from education or social work professionals
4. Employment interview.
The Family and Community Liaison shall be employed under: Teachers’ Master Agreement
To apply send completed District application, resume and letters reference to: Data Instructional Coach Search, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671. Position closes October 11, 2012 at 3:00 p.m.