Continuous Improvement Specialist (CIS) - Red Lake Schools #38
Red Lake Schools #38
JOB TITLE: Continuous Improvement Specialist (CIS)
REPORTS TO: Building Principal, Superintendent
The Continuous Improvement Specialist shall design program evaluation specific to the Red Lake Middle School. Support the Leadership Team in the use of and completion of a comprehensive needs assessment tool, continuous improvement plan and grant application emphasizing the quality indicators. Provide and present research based resources for effective instruction. Coordinate, implement and evaluate professional development to support the school work plan. Interpret school wide operational data, communicate results, problem solve and collaboratively make decisions that significantly impact student achievement. Coordinate with MDE Division of School Support staff. Provide guidance and be actively involved in the day to day management of the school turnaround work plan efforts and the recommended interventions. Assist in the completion and submission of reports to MDE.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist must:
1. Hold a Minnesota Professional Administrative licensure-K-12 Principal.
2. Demonstrate experience interpreting formative, interim and summative data; data collection, organization, synthesis and presentation to diverse small and large group audiences.
3. Demonstrate experience in program design, implementation and evaluation.
4. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and ability to write comprehensive reports.
5. Demonstrate experience implementing a comprehensive needs assessment, continuous improvement plan, and writing grants.
6. Demonstrate experience coordinating and evaluating professional development.
7. Demonstrate experience researching effective reading, writing and math interventions and presenting to instructional staff.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of Red Lake Nation culture, communities and student diversity.
9. Fulfill requirements for mandatory background check.
10. Have good moral character and a strong work ethic.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Design program evaluation specific to the Middle School level including elements for data driven decision making and provide support to effectively implement a system level continuous improvement cycle-Plan, Do, Study, Act.
2. Support the leadership team in the use of a comprehensive needs assessment with the quality indicators, develop a continuous improvement plan.
3. Provide research and resources tied to scientifically based effective instructional practices and conduct presentations to instructional staff.
4. Coordinate and implement professional development opportunities for all staff that support effective implementation of the work plan and promote increased student academic growth.
5. Effectively interpret school wide operational data, communicate results, problem solve and collaboratively make decisions that significantly impact student achievement.
6. Coordinate with MDE Division of School Support staff and take an active role in the day to day management of the school turnaround efforts.
7. Guide the development of the recommended intervention plan and providing implementation support and additional oversight for the school turnaround requirements.
8. Assist school leadership in the completion and submission of reports to MDE based on adherence to academic progress and other turnaround requirements.
9. Assist in writing grants required for school improvement efforts.
10. Increase knowledge of American Indian culture and utilize in program design and development of effective research based interventions to impact student achievement.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY:
1. District application and professional resume.
2. Provide required documentation outlined in the qualifications above.
3. Three letters of reference from education work professionals
4. Employment interview.
To apply send completed District application, resume and letters reference to: Continuous Improvement Specialist Search, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671. Position closes October 11, 2012 at 3:00 p.m.