RECEPTIONIST - Red Lake Head Start Program
Red Lake Head Start Program
Open: Monday, September 10, 2012
Closes: Friday, September 21, 2012
This is a full-time position working with a great deal of independence and is under the supervision of the Head Start Director. The person in this position must have a pleasant and helpful attitude to staff and visitors of the Head Start. Salary DOQ.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Greet and assist all visitors at the Head Start.
• Answer incoming telephone and radio calls, greet and direct personal inquiries to appropriate staff.
• Keep track of bus schedules to ensure child safety while being transported to and from school.
• Coordinate transportation services; establishing bus routes, training and scheduling bus monitors.
• Call in substitute bus drivers when needed.
• Prepare time sheets for signatures for all employees.
• Maintain a supply of Head Start applications.
• Attend conferences and/or other in-services and workshops.
• Assist Head Start staff as needed.
• Perform additional duties as requested by Director.
• No Supervisory responsibilities.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent. (Attached copy w/Application)
• Knowledge and experience in the use of computers and office equipment.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational communication skills, including the ability to work as part of a team and effectively communicate with staff, parents, and other agencies.
• Ability to maintain strong confidentiality of personal information contained in files and discussed in meetings as evidenced by previous employment experience.
• Ability to work cooperatively with all staff and parents.
• Ability to work with families of varying economic, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Ability to respond appropriately (both mentally and physically) to an emergency/crisis situation.
• Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs.
• Must pass a criminal background check investigation (fingerprinting and assessment).
• Must pass a physical examination with tuberculosis (TB) clearance prior to employment.
• Must possess a current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate and First Aid Certificate. (Attached copy w/Application)
• Must submit and pass drug test prior to commencing employment and random drug testing.
• Compliance with the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians’ Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Indian Preference for enrolled Red Lake Band of Chippewa and Indian descent, per federal law.
To Apply: Applications (resumes w/application) are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 - (218) 679-1847 * (218) 679-4176 Fax *.