Kingbrds part of group performing at the Royal Windsor Horse Show in Windsor, England
Jason Kingbird (Red Lake enrolled member) and Winona Kingbird were part of the 'USA Group' performing at the Royal Windsor Horse Show in Windsor, England. http://www.rwhs.co.uk/
The show was celebrating the Queen of England's Diamond Jubilee (60 years as Queen).
The picture is the group of American's. Jason is tall and wearing a war bonnet. Winona is left side, wearing a red jingle dress.
The Diamond Jubilee Pageant is a major event marking The Queen's Diamond Jubilee in the presence of Her Majesty. The event takes place in the private grounds of Windsor Castle on the evenings of 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th May 2012.
Over 550 horses and more than 1000 Dancers, musicians, and performers from around the world came together each night in a performance to pay tribute to 60 spectacular years of Her Reign.
On Sunday, May 13th there was a special performance in front of HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh. Guest artists and narrators joined the regular performers on that night. Confirmed music artists have been chosen to represent different countries in the show. They include Grammy nominated Susan Boyle, world renowned American classical violinist David Garrett, critically acclaimed Nashville singer and banjo player Abigail Washburn, legendry Australian entertainer Rolf Harris, metropolitan Indian folk legend Raghu Dixit and leading South African actors from the West End smash hit Disney's The Lion King who were joined on stage by the Nairobi Chamber Chorus & Watoto Children's Choir and classical maestros Il Divo. Confirmed narrators included Dame Helen Mirren, Alan Titchmarsh, Sanjeev Bhaskar, Omid Djalili and Martin Clunes.
The Americas travel across the Atlantic to Canada, North and South America where they meet people from all four corners of this vast continent.
• • The Royal Canadian Mounted Police - the world famous Musical Ride from one of the world's oldest mounted regiments.
• • Inuits - brought to Windsor by Artcirq -
A demonstration of throat singing, drum dancing and the recreation of a polar bear hunt
• • Native Americans, Cowboys and the Macfarlane Stagecoach - a representation of the American West of the mid 1800s including an authentic American stagecoach
• • Mexico - The Delfines Mariachi Band and Dancers - one of the biggest and most recognised marching show bands in Mexico with dancers in traditional Mexican costumes
• • The Chilean Huasos (cowboys) - 12 horses and riders demonstrating the skills of Chilean riders and cattle horses
Jason Kingbird is sponsoring a 5K Walk/Run outside 7 Clans Water Park-Thief River Falls on Memorial Day (Monday) at 9 am. Cash Prizes. Gift bag for first 100 finishers.