Workforce Development Specialist - Red Lake New Beginnings Program
Workforce Development Specialist
Redby, MN 56670
Open: May 11, 2012
Closes: June 11, 2012
Incumbent will work with the New Beginnings Clients to teach job search skill, resume development and barrier removal. Will also act as a liaison between the Clients, Case Manager, Employer, Training, Institute and other area resources that will provide employment and training opportunities to the Clients. Reports to Director of New Beginnings, full-time with benefits.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Ensure and organize the daily function and activities for the Clients Job Searching.
• Facilitate job opportunities and advancement for Clients. Work closely with employers on and off the Red Lake Reservation to inform business, labor and public about the availability of employment opportunities and training programs.
• Facilitate training sessions with Clients, once they have gained employment, to assist in employment and training areas that will meet long term goals of becoming self sufficient.
• Case manage, record keeping, and reporting on all Clients activities as stipulated by program requirements.
• Conduct Interest assessment and provide career/education advisement, develop a career and job fair.
• Maintain a current employment directory and bulletin board of current job vacancies.
• Develop a tracking system of TANF/477 Clients who have secured employment and maintain data of those actively seeking employment.
• Provide a 30/60/90 follow up on all placements.
• High School Diploma or GED, Minimum of 2 years experience of Federal/State Employment and Training Programs.
• Ability to professionally interact with Employers and Clients with varying personalities, background and cultures.
• Poised, professional appearance, and demeanor.
• Must have good oral and written skills, effective interpersonal skills.
• Experience preferred in recruiting, job training or customer service.
• Computer skills including Windows environment, specifically word, excel, access and presentation software (such as power point).
• Pre-employment drug testing in accordance with the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Drug and Alcohol Policy; New Beginnings is a zero tolerance program.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, current insurance and a dependable vehicle. Must also be insurable under the Tribe’s driving policy.
• Must successfully pass a criminal background investigation.
• Must have excellent attendance and work ethic.
To Apply: Application (resumes w/ application) are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department – P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Phone (218) 679-1847 Fax: (218) 679-4176