STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Experienced) - RED LAKE, INC.
Closes: May 11, 2012
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Experienced)
RED LAKE, INC.
Red Lake Agency Building
24195 Council St. Ste #20
RED LAKE, MN 56671
Open: April 19, 2012
Closes: May 11, 2012
Assist with handling the financial reporting needs of Red Lake, Inc. under the Red Lake Nation Economic Development Department. Full-time/Exempt position, reporting to Red Lake, Inc. Controller. Salary: $31,200 to $37,440 per year (equivalent to $15.00/hr to $18.00/hr) to start April 30, 2012 or as soon as possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statements for enterprises assigned
• Reconcile all balance sheet accounts, including but not limited to cash, accounts receivable, inventory, fixed assets, accounts payable and accrued payroll, and note any discrepancies
• Perform income statement analysis and participate in the budgeting process for the coming year
• Prepare overhead analysis, tracking and updating costs and cost drivers as appropriate
• Become proficient using Great Plains / Microsoft Dynamics Software
• Process accounts receivable and other daily revenue transactions
• Process accounts payable invoices and generate check runs for review and approval
• Keep account of all active open purchase orders and match to payable invoices as they arrive
• Prepare and keep a schedule of anticipated cash receipts and apply receipts to customer accounts
• Become familiar with retail inventory controls
• Able to work evenings and weekends (when required)
• To apply, applicant must have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting and 2 years of accounting experience OR an Associates Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting and 5 years of accounting experience. Experience must have financial statement preparation, full balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis.
• Experience with retail inventory controls desired
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel;
• Experience with Great Plains / Microsoft Dynamics, a plus
• Pre-employment drug screen required
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds
For additional information please contact:
• Red Lake, Inc. Controller, John Shimkus at 679-1894 or by e-mail email@example.com
To apply: Tribal Application (resumes w/application) with three references are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department, PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 -- Phone (218) 679-1847 Fax (218) 679-4176.