Healthy Habitats, Healthy Homes Theme for Red Lake's Aki Giizhigad
“Healthy Habitats” and "Healthy Homes" is the theme for Aki Giizhigad (Earth Day) events at Red Lake on Thursday, April 19, 2012. All events are being held at the Seven Clans Casino Event Center at Red Lake beginning with an opening address at 11am and activities concluding at 4pm.
Learning about arsenic in drinking water and radon in our homes are among the many presentations to be held throughout the day. Everyone is invited.
• Recycle your plastic bags for a reusable grocery bag.
• Bring your tire to get your tire pressure checked to increase your gas mileage and reduce your gas consumption. First 50 vehicles get a free tire pressure gauge.
• Bring in your household hazardous wast for proper disposal
• Visit the many booths on healthy habits, natural resources, healthy homes, lifestyle choices, energy conversation, and more
• Get a Healthy habits T-shirt and enter to win prize drawings.
Mino-abiitamaagewin (Healthy Habitats)
Mino-ozhichigewin (Healthy Homes)
Begwaji-ategin (Natural Resources)
Mino-bimaadiziwin (Healthy Lifestyles)
Event hosted by the Red Lake DNR Environmental Program