PROBATION OFFICER - RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
RED LAKE, MN 56671
Open: Monday, February 13, 2012
Closes: Monday, February 27, 2012
Under the supervision of the Tribal Court Administrator the Probation Officer shall perform a variety of probationary related duties for juvenile and adult offenders in the Red Lake Tribal Courts. Full-time position with benefits, reporting to Tribal Court Administrator, Salary: DOQ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare status reports as requested by the Red Lake Nation Tribal Court.
2. Communicate with community-based service providers to ascertain offender compliance with court-ordered services
3. Coordinate with other jurisdictions and collaborative partner’s requests for information regarding client compliance.
4. Implement and maintain adult and juvenile case files, court dates and meeting dates to ensure client case management system is up to date
5. Supervise client probationary and court requirements, including weekly check-ins; compliance with terms thereof; and filing contempt of court actions for violation of court orders.
6. Coordinate programs regarding alternative sentencing, including the following areas: employment, education, community service, retaining, etc.
7. Arrange and monitor placement of probationers in various rehabilitation and/or treatment programs; may transport probationers and detainees in custody as needed.
8. Must work with all phases of community in confidential, non-judgmental manner.
9. Participates in meetings, in-service training, staff development, and other professional growth activities as required or needed.
10. MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY AT ALL TIMES.
11. Maintains accurate and up to date case records in a neat and legible prescribed form.
12. Plans office activities, conferences, and field visits in connection with investigation and supervision functions.
13. Perform other duties as assigned and as needed.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Previous experience with law enforcement, courts, probation or closely related field.
• Basic written and oral communications skills.
• Knowledge of Red Lake Nation Tribal Court intervention programs.
• Computer literate, including Windows, Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook) and other common programs.
• All applicants are subject to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol Free Work Place Policy.
• Be able to work, on occasion, after hours and on weekends to monitor client compliance.
• Must have a valid Minnesota State issued driver’s license and automobile insurance.
• This position requires passage of a comprehensive background check.
• Pre-Employment Drug Testing
To Apply: applications (resumes w/ applications) are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department,
PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 -- Phone (218) 679-1847 Fax (218) 679-4176.