Tribal TANF Director - New Beginnings
Tribal TANF Director
Redby, MN 56670
Open: December 8, 2011
Closes: Thursday. December 22nd, 2011
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of New Beginnings, responsible for the development and implementation of the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians (RLBCI) Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program. This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary is DOQ.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Responsible to manage, plan, organize and coordinate activities of TANF program.
• Prepare and monitor TANF budget, long-term goals and strategic program planning of Red Lake TANF that proactively supports the Red Lake Tribal goals and objectives.
• Provide leadership, draft policy & procedures, and assist with the day-to-day operations, perform complex data control tasks in preparation and maintenance of TANF reporting system; reviewing for workability and established standards.
• Ensure accurate and timely data inquiry and entry functions for specific TANF programs in support of unit.
• Build partnerships and coordinate with other program service providers in the service area.
• Ensure the effective delivery of a wide range of public assistance, employment programs, and services as set by grant guidelines. Ensures uniform, appropriate, and equitable services to clients
• Provides supervision, direction, and training to subordinate supervisor; interviews, hires, orients and trains new managers/staff.
• Interprets and provides direction to supervisory and other TANF staff regarding laws, policies and procedures governing the administration and management of public assistance programs and related services; ensures compliance with federal/state laws, departmental and division policy and procedures.
• Ensures an organized rapid flow of data input to the departments specific application programs, and other computer systems using knowledge of department procedures and standards.
• Represent the program at national, state and local meeting/conferences to promote and explain the tribes’ objectives. Consult with other governments, government agencies, business community, and tribal organizations to explore new ideas and resolve problems.
• All other duties as assigned.
• (1) Bachelor’s degree in social work, Human Services, Public Administration or related field with a minimum of one year proven experience with MFIP/Tribal TANF experience or (2) AA degree in Human Services or related field and three years experience in case management and providing employment services to clients or (3) high school diploma and eight years experience in case management and providing employment services to clients.
• Basic knowledge of TANF programs.
• Ability to communicate clearly and verbally
• Strong computer skills with three years of Microsoft Office or similar software.
• Proof of valid driver license and proof of insurance.
• Pre-employment drug testing in accordance with RLBC Drug/Alcohol Policy; New Beginnings is a zero tolerance program;
• Pass background investigative check and relevant criminal history.
• Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrated good conflict resolution skills.
To Apply: Applications (resumes w/ application) are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone: (218) 679-1848 Fax: (218) 679-4176 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org