Male Counselor - Red Lake Group Home
Chemical Health Programs
Red Lake Group Home
Redby, MN 56670
Open: November 3, 2011
Closes: Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Provide care and guidance of adolescents as described below. Full-time w/ benefits, starting salary $9/hr, with an increase after successful completion of 90-day probationary period; reports to the Supervisor of Red Lake Group Home.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Maintain an active caseload and update current client files; responsible for recording and reporting all encounters with clients
• Conduct client intake and assist in orientation of new clients.
• Assist in the care and guidance along with supervision of adolescents placed in the facility under a treatment plan.
• Transports, assists, and participates with implementation of recreational and leisure time activities.
• Maintain various logs, point sheets, and other daily records as required.
• Write reports on assigned court ordered placements and forward to appropriate personnel.
• Mandatory participation in workshop/training.
• Provide counseling on an individual and/or group basis to assigned clients/residents.
• Able to respond to referrals made by other social services agencies.
• Work rotating shifts and weekends.
• Abide by and maintain confidentiality rules and regulations.
• Refrain from mood-altering chemicals
• Mandatory participation in alcohol/drug testing when called upon.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be a High School graduate or have a GED;
• On call 24-hours a day, seven days a week;
• Have knowledge of 12-step AA program.
• Must have at least one (1) year sobriety;
• Must possess a valid state driver’s license and auto insurance.
• Must have at least one (1) year counseling experience;
• Must be a Rules 25 Assessor;
• Knowledge of the DAANES forms.
To Apply: CHEMICAL HEALTH applications (resumes w/ application) are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671
Phone (218) 679-1848 Fax: (218) 679-4176