Unit Director – Ponemah - Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls Club
Unit Director – Ponemah
Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls Club
P.O. Box 1124
Red Lake, MN. 56671
Opens: November 1, 2011 Closes: Friday, December 2nd, 2011
Primary Function: Plan, implement, supervise, and evaluate activities provided within the specific program area, such as Education, Technology, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education. This is a Full-time position with benefits at the Ponemah Unit 2 site, DOQ, reporting to both the Executive and Program Director. Training will be available for implementation of programs.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
• Effectively implement and administer programs, such as Power Hour, T.R.A.I.L., G.R.E.A.T., Smart Moves, Career Launch, Job Ready, Goals for Growth, etc. Providing services and activities for drop-in members and visitors (promote program participation, register new members, be guidance role/model for participants).
• Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports, and report to Director(s) on attendance, registration, and anything else that pertains to the proper function of the Club.
• Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
• Maintain close, daily contact with club staff (professional and volunteer), club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct and advise/counsel.
• Maintain contact with community groups, schools, parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
• May participate in special programs and/or events, and may be required to drive club bus.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED; with some secondary education
• Experience in working with children ages 6-18 years old
• Knowledge of youth development
• Ability to work well without supervision
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
• Ability to deal with the general public
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
• Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
• Proof of valid state driver license
~Position is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check~
~Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls club has a Zero Tolerance Policy~
Applications are accepted at: Red Lake Human Resources, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN. 56671 Phone: 218-679-1847 Fax: 218-679-4176