Program Assistant - Ponemah Unit - Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls Club
1 Program Assistant
Ponemah- Unit 2
Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls Club
P.O. Box 1124
Red Lake, MN. 56671
Opens: November 1, 2011 Closes: Friday, December 2nd, 2011
Primary Function: Plan, implement, supervise, and evaluate activities provided within the specific program area, such as Education, Technology, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education. This is a Part-time position (25hrs/wk) at the Ponemah sites, Salary - $10.00/hr, report to Unit Director (Ponemah) or Program Director. Training will be available to assist in implementation of programs.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
• Effectively assist in implementation and administering of programs, such as Power Hour, T.R.A.I.L., Smart Moves, Career Launch, Job Ready, Goals for Growth, etc. Providing services and activities for drop-in members and visitors (promote program participation, register new members, be a guidance role/model for participants).
• Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times.
• Ensure a productive work environment by participating in staff meetings.
• Maintain close, daily contact with club staff (professional and volunteer), club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct and advise/counsel.
• Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
• May participate in special programs and/or events, and may be required to drive.
• Other duties as assigned. (Example: Organizing & Cleaning)
• High School diploma or GED; with some secondary education
• Excellent work ethics (on time daily, ready to start)
• Experience in working with children ages 6-18 years old
• Knowledge of youth development
• Ability to multitask, motivate youth and manage behavior problems
• Ability to work with the general public
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
• Ability to organize and supervise clubs members in a safe environment
• Mandatory CPR Certification
• Proof of valid state driver license
~Position is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check~
~Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls club has a Zero Tolerance Policy~
To Apply: Applications (resumes with completed application) are accepted at the Red Lake Human Resources Department – P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN. 56671
Phone: (218) 679-1847 Fax: (218)679-4176